5.9.04

planes and trains!

This'll be real short because I'm leaving in literally five minutes (!) but man oh man am I excited. Granted, I'm facing 3.5 hours on a train, 4 or 5 hours of sitting around in loungey passenger areas, and probably 8 or 9 hours of economy class airplane travel, but still--I'm going! Finally!

The past week has been an odd kind of limbo--Katie's gone, I'm in Rhode Island sorting through my things, my friends from Boston are all moving into new places (Zach and Nicole's by the way, is amazing. I already reserved a room for when I get back. Yeah, they have an extra room), Chris Burke left on his own European adventure...

My dad just made me an omelette with asparagus, tomato, red pepper, and onion. Goddamn it was good. Yesterday my mom took me to Crazy Burger one last time--it's probably my favorite restaurant down here, and probably the only place where you can get real vegetarian food that isn't just an afterthought or a concession to dieters. And homemade fries. And homemade ketchup! Wow!

I'm going to miss my dogs, even the big drooly-mouthed freak who claws me with his giant paw and breathes like an asthmatic diesel engine. Supposedly Czechs really love their dogs. Maybe my family will have one.

I have a bunch of pictures I put online, but the links will have to wait. I gotta go!

Next time I write, I'll be in Prague. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home